CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MONUMENTAL MOMENT

Yeah!--we finally got rid of Logan's binki...I did not know if we ever would since it has become her favorite friend. How did we do it? We heard from a friend about cutting the tip off- so we thought we'd try it and.....it worked! One night we cut the tip off her binki and gave it to her and she put it in her mouth and said "yucky...don't like it". She didn't cry or anything but she still wanted to hold it in her hand. The next few nights she would ask for her binki and every time she would put it in her mouth and say yucky but she still wanted to hold it. About a week later she said "don't like..throw it away." We took her downstairs and she took a long look at her bink and a long look at the garbage and finally threw it away saying "bye bye bink." She has still occasionally asked for it-but we remind her she threw it away and she says "oh yeah, I a big girl now." I am glad we rid her of the bink but now she is having a harder time taking naps because of it. I think the bink helps her relax and go to sleep. The other day we heard her mumbling something about bows over the baby monitor. Perry went to check on her and this is what we found....apparently she decided she would rather try on bows than take a nap. Glad we got rid of the bink-but sometimes I miss it.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Thats a great idea!
I wanted to actually comment on your new picture and your LONG hair. Its looks great on you, I love it!

Jessie said...

When Crew got rid of the binki, I totally wished he wouldn't have. He gave it up because he had an ear infection and was so stuffed up he couldn't breath with it in he mouth and after 3 days of that crap he wanted nothing to do with his pacifier. That happened at like 10 months. I WAS SO BUMMED!!! I wished he would of taken one AT LEAST until he was 2.

But now he has a blanky that he is VERY attached to...so I guess its always something huh.

ShaeandJustin said...

Love your new family picture, so cute!

The Foxy Fam said...

I'm so glad you shared this VERY valuable tip! I'm going to be needing it soon! It was so good to see you and your cute little kiddies. They are absolutely darling. I saw Laurie today at church. She was at a friend of her husband's baby blessings. I never realized how much you two look alike. So gorgeous! It was so good to see you. I hope your pictures went good while you were here! :)