CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 11, 2010

ONE MONTH OLD




I can't believe my little guy is already a month old! He is doing really well and growing like a weed. His preemie outfits are getting too short and I believe he weighs around 7 lbs now. These are some things that I have learned about having two kids in the past month.

1-Forgot what it was like to be completely sleep deprived! I feel like I am a walking zombie half the time. (can't wait until he is sleeping through the night!)
2-It is definitely not as easy taking naps-considering there are two kids to get on the same nap schedule.
3-Forgot what it was like to be puked on 500 times and pooed on. We were hanging out with some friends the other night and he had a blow out (of course it got all over my pants) Right after that he spit up (more like threw up) all over Perry's shirt. (He is the spit up king) At least we were only a couple houses down from where we lived so I was able to run home and put on new pants.
4-Laundry, laundry, laundry-seems like it never ends with a newborn
5-Definitely harder to leave the house-takes more time to get everything ready considering I have to remember diapers, spare outfit, binkies, blankies, etc. Taking them in and out of the car also takes more time. (Also-those carseats get heavy!-hopefully I will get some buff arms)
6-I forgot what it was like to have to plan leaving the house around breast feeding..
7-I have found myself calling him different nicknames like: little buddy, C.C., Mr. Cache, sunshine.
8-He is afraid of the dark... At night after I feed him I have to wait until he is in a deep sleep before I turn off the light or he cries. (maybe I should look into a nightlight)
9-Loves to be cuddled and held-he sleeps best in bed with me...but I don't want him getting in the habit of that.
10-Incessant crying is frustrating! Especially when he has been changed, fed, bathed and I have no idea what to do..? I do love the fact Logan can tell me what she wants.
11-He is very gassy-(like Father like son I guess)
12-He has the cutest dimples I have ever seen.
13-It is definitely alot harder dividing my time between two as apposed to one. It is hard when Logan needs something or wants attention and I am right in the middle of feeding him.
14-Didn't know if I could love him as much as Logan-but from the second he was born I fell in love with him. There is nothing quite like holding and cuddling and caring for a brand new baby-and it makes all the hard times worth it. I love my little guy.
15-I am learning more everyday about how to handle two kids-(I was very nervous at first-but little by little and through trial and error I am sure it will get easier.)

3 comments:

Holly said...

He is such a cutie! He totally looks like Logan.

Annie. said...

Wow Christi....your legacy lives on. You guys make BEAUTIFUL babies! :)

I can't imagine having two kids. I know I want to have another, and pretty soon, but the thought of trying to do it all with two freaks me out!

Chanel said...

He is so cute! Two so close is hard, but it is so fun to have them grow up together. I would not trade it for the world!!!!!