Tuesday, November 2, 2010


I was completely looking forward to being with my hubby and hanging out with my SIL Brittani and Grant in Albuquerque this weekend. The boys had meetings for work and Brittani and I were going to do all kinds of Christmas shopping-kid free (except for Cache and Isaac). Perry and I were planning to go to the temple. I was so excited for a little break. The weekend didn't turn out quite as planned. I was all packed and ready to go on Thursday around 3-but Perry didn't come home until almost six. Off to a late start-oh well. We decided to drive straight to Abq to eat. Finally arrived in Abq around 9 and decided to go to the Olive Garden. I grabbed both my purse and diaper bag to take inside-but hesitantly put the purse back bc I had everything I needed in my diaper bag. Why take two bags?? In spite of feeling like I should take my purse in I put it back-big mistake. After enjoying a good meal-we walked out to our cars to find the passenger side of our window smashed and the driver side of their window smashed. "Oh no-not my purse" I thought. Sure enough-my purse was gone.. My brand new purse that I bought a month ago! My brain started going through everything I had inside. My wallet with all my credit/debit cards, driver's licence, newly renewed temple recommend-(so much for going to the temple), and worst of all my camera!! Seriously!! I always put my camera in my diaper bag-why not this time!! Feeling very stressed and ticked off Perry called the police. Of course they came half hour or so later and did a report. After sweeping the glass out of the cars we drove back to the motel and stayed up until 1:30 in the morning closing accounts. Of course they were already charging up my accounts-couple hundred getting gas at gas stations-red box charges. etc. I was so royally ticked that it took me a while to fall asleep. No worries-Cache kept me up crying all night anyway. The whole night I kept dreaming of my purse being stolen-lovely. The next morning I woke up feeling a little better. I decided that there was nothing I could do-so I might as well change my attitude. We spent the next day waiting for our cars to be fixed. First they said one would be done by noon-but they weren't done until 4 or so. So much for shopping. At least I had good company with Brittani being there. Our motel was in the middle of no where-but at least we were able to walk to a cute cafe for lunch and go to a little home decor store. We spent the rest of the time walking and chatting on the grass until the boys came back with a car that finally got fixed. We were able to do a little bit of shopping and then went to eat at a steak house-which was good. The next day we went to Kohl's and an outdoor shopping mall-then we buzzed back home for the trunk or treat. The moral of this story is to always listen to your instincts and the spirit's promptings. And Take your purse!!!-or at the very least hide it...Lesson learned for me.


Holly said...

People who steal suck, real bad! I am sorry for your purse and for the crap you guys had to go through. I will bring my purse in the next time we got somewhere just because of this story. Thank you!

Mindy said...

Ugh, I am so sorry. But if it makes you feel any better, your kiddos looked adorable for Halloween!! :)