CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BALL OF NERVES!!!

Ok-I am definitely a ball of nerves right now. The time has come.. This Saturday I am running the top of Utah marathon and I am a mix of emotions. On one hand I am really excited, yet anxious and nervous. I wonder Have I trained hard enough? I am scared of the pain I am bound to feel, but know the triumph that comes with crossing the finish line after pounding the pavement for 26.2 miles. It has been 6 years since I have ran a marathon-will I remember how? I am stoked for the race-but at the same time excited for it to be over considering it has consumed much of my thoughts the past couple weeks.
Everything is in order.. The motel is booked, I have my gu's, blister bandaids, anti-schafing crap, running attire, garmin forerunner, new shoes, and oh yes my treasured i-pod-(a definite must for me so I can zone out). All is set-- now I just need my legs to do the running. Hopefully they will work for me! Ok..I am putting it out there (bc I know I will more likely achieve it if I do). For this race I will be happy with a PR-my previous best is 3:14:45-but my ultimate goal is to run under 3:10 (7:10-7:15 pace). Hopefully I can achieve this on Saturday.
I will leave you with two of my favorite running quotes (bc I'm a nerd like that)
"Pain is only temporary, pride is forever" (not sure who its by)
"What the mind can conceive and believe-it can achieve" Napolean Hill
(The pic below is me finishing the same race 6 years ago..)

9 comments:

Mindy said...

I will look for you to cheer you on!!

Anonymous said...

paisoYou will be great!!!!
How many times have I told you that.

Brittani said...

i am excited for you and you will do awesome!

Holly said...

Wow! Good luck girl! I know you will do amazing:))

Chels said...

You are going to do awesome!

Jessie said...

You will do awesome girl!!

Blake and Leslie said...

Good luck Chris! I'm sure you'll do great. I hope you get a PR! I'm running a 5K next week whoop de doo!! I can't imagine running a marathon! Your camping pictures are really cute. It looks like you had fun over Labor Day and in Utah. Anyways good luck again!

The Foxy Fam said...

Hey you AMAZING running chick! I'm just grateful I go walking for an hour everyday. . .I wish I had your kind of stamina, mentality, and guts to run a marathon! You will do an AWESOME job! That's just you. . . awesome, in the true sense of the word!:)

Amber said...

Saw the results! Congratulations! WAY amazing!